Welcome to an interactive demonstration of the RaySafe i3 Real-time Dosimetry System.
To begin, you will need to put on personal protective equipment and the RaySafe i3 dosimeter.
Great! Before you preview the system, let us tell you how the RaySafe i3 Real-time Dosimetry System helps you see and reduce your exposure to radiation, immediately.
Find out more
The RaySafe i3 is an active dosimetry system that
• Provides real-time insights about radiation exposure
• Helps medical staff evaluate and modify behavior to
• Encourages use of all radiation exposure reduction solutions
• Shown on lab’s main screen or
• Colored bars indicate individual’s
• Measures and records radiation data every second
• Data is transferred wirelessly to the Real-time Hub
• USB connector connects the dosimeter to the Dose Viewer software
• Used for administrating dosimeters
• Viewing personal dose information
How it works
Protective clothing and devices, such as lead aprons, thyroid collars, glasses, ceiling suspended screens and table-mounted lead curtains, are the first line of defense against radiation exposure.
Personal dosimeters are used to monitor and help regulate exposure.
Your behavior will affect your radiation exposure. When feasible, increase the distance and decrease the exposure time. Furthermore, scatter radiation is typically lower on the detector side.
Finally, ensure that the proper equipment and appropriate techniques are used, including collimating the X-ray beam.
Ultimately, controlling your dose is easiest when it is known. Only an active dosimeter, such as RaySafe i3, provides constant, real-time radiation exposure information.
With the information it provides, healthcare workers can take action to reduce their dose.
The ABC’s of Radiation Safety